Dear Members of Or Chadash,
This week is a fun filled week at OC. Please take a few moments to see what is happening in and around our synagogue. This past week we had a wonderful start to our sunday program. We are very excited about the many programs coming up in the days and weeks ahead. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Photos by Craig Wolfson This week...
Friday, September 12 at 7:30 PM
- Shabbat ServicesSaturday, September 13 at 10:00 AM
- Shabbat Services and Julia MacIsaac becomes a Bat MitzvahSunday, September 14 at 9:00 AM
- Religious School - 3rd and 4th GradeSunday, September 14 at 9:00 AM
- Finance Committee MeetingSunday, September 14 at 10:00 AM
- Sisterhood Planning Meeting -- All are welcome to attend. Questions? Interested in getting involved? Contact Deb Weiss.Sunday, September 14 at 10:15 AM
- Religious School K-2Sunday, September 14 at 10:15 AM
- OC Grounds Clean-Up. Please help us prepare for the High Holy Days and spruce up the outside of our building. We will be weeding, cutting down a dead tree, and trimming a few bushes. Don't forget to bring your gardening tools. Questions? Contact Jeff Berg.Sunday, September 14 at 12:30 PM
- 8-9-10 Opening Day (with lunch for students at 12PM at OC) and congregational hike at Cushetunk Mountain Preserve (transportation not provided). Visit the Hunterdon County Parks Division's website to learn more about Cushetunk Mountain.
Everyone is invited to join us at this event. Bring your friends. Rain date is October 26. Students may use this link to register: https://orchadash.wufoo.com/forms/rsvp-for-8910/
Save the Date... Thursday, September 18 at 4:15 PM
- Religious School Opening Day for 5th, 6th, and 7th GradesSunday, September 21 from 9 AM-12:30 PM
will be having a pre-holiday cooking class with Chef Rachel (winner of the Food Network's Chopped) at her studio kitchen in Lebanon. The cost will be $65, and there is a limit of 14. More details and registration info coming soon. Questions? Contact Deb Weiss. Sunday, September 28 at 9 AM
- Once again Brotherhood invites you to help them build a Sukkah at Or Chadash. Coffee and bagels will be served. Thursday, October 9 at 4:15 PM
- Eat, Pray, Lulav: Or Chadash joins with America's Grow-A-Row to harvest crops for needy inner-city families and food banks in our state. Join us for this special Sukkot program at Peaceful Valley Orchards. Sunday, October 12 at 8:00 AM
- Trip to Philadelphia and the National Museum of American Jewish History. Please save the date. More information coming soon.Opening Day for Religious School:
A new academic year brings new beginnings and our wishes and hopes for growth for the new year. On Sunday, September 7th the Or Chadash community gathered together for a special program. Betsy Zalaznick, our educator, welcomed our newest Religious School students with book bags. Rabbi Joseph M. Forman shared a story about how we grow from the inside out, and families created messages about our own hopes for growth for the new year. Cantor Kathy Gohr blew the shofar (ram's horn) and led us in song. Notes were placed inside environmentally friendly balloons and together our community released the
To learn more about Or Chadash's programs and opportunities for learning, Religious School (Ages 2 1/2 to Adult) or to get to know us, please visit us on the web www.orchadash-nj.org, call 908-806-2122, or stop by 149 Foothill Road, Flemington, NJ 08822.
High Holy Day Services are: Rosh Hashanah - September 24th and 25th and Yom Kippur - October 3 and 4th; our Sukkah build on September 28th; and Simchat Torah celebration on Friday, October 17th. The community is welcome and invited to join us in these activities and our many other enriching programs and activities.High Holy Days:Wednesday, September 24
- Erev Rosh HashanahThursday, September 25
- Rosh HashanahFriday, October 3
- Erev Yom KippurSaturday, October 4
- Yom Kippur
The Or Chadash Membership Dues Renewal
campaign is ongoing. If you haven't renewed for 2014/15 yet, please visit this page
. If you want to join the congregation, the New Member application is here
Once you join/renew your membership, you will receive an email with the High Holy Days Information form and the Religious School application. Non-members can purchase High Holy Day tickets here
and register their children for K-2 Religious School here
, the office administrator.Refuah Sh'leima (Get well) to...
Virginia MurphyA Scrip Reminder:
Hi everyone! Please sign up for scrip and help support Or Chadash.
Thanks so much!
I hope to see you at these and other programs of Or Chadash.
Rabbi Joseph M. Forman